Lane Community College Continuing Education
Fall Term 2020
Term Dates: September 29-December 12
Hello Community Members!
We are so glad you are continuing to pursue your education during these challenging and unusual times! Please read the announcement below, and click through to our fall classes using the orange button.
Fall Instruction, COVID Response, and Personal and Community Health
We all continue to navigate maintaining our personal health and the health of the community while the pandemic continues. As a result, for some of our fall term class offerings, you may notice some changes to our instructional methods, detailed below. Instructional methods will include: virtual live, online, in-person, and hybrid. Be sure to carefully read the course description to learn about the teaching methods that will be used. Here's definitions of the methods you'll see listed:
- Virtual Live: You will log into to the classroom using the internet at scheduled times and receive live instruction and be able to interact with your classmates and instructors. You will need a stable internet connection and a computer with speakers.
- Hesitant about virtual live classes? We recommend you take our free "Zoom 101" class. Read about it and register.
- Online, Asynchronous: You will be able to log into the classroom platrform at anytime that is convenient to you and work your way through learning modules.
- In-Person, Classroom: classes have been approved to run in person in the classroom with physical distancing, sanitation, and safety measures in place.
- Hybrid: A mix of two or more of the methods listed above.
We are 100% here for you should you have any questions or concerns, so please do not hesitate to reach out. No question is silly, no concern is unfounded, and we will help you through it! We will help connect you to resources if you need accomodations to take classes this fall.
Contact information for your local office is listed at the bottom of this page.
You may read more about the College's COVID-19 response.
Be Well and Stay Safe,
Continuing Education Staff